June 29, 2013

Two Gaming Pictures

Geekgasm: Two Gaming Pictures
I was going through some pictures, trying to find one particular picture I had taken last summer. I haven't found it yet, but I did come across two somewhat geeky pictures that put a smile on my face.

It's been an "interesting" week, to say the least, with a variety of ups and downs. I've blogged a bit about both ends of the spectrum this week, so I won't get into it too much.

I was able to pick up our Knights of the Dinner Table #199 from Captain Comics and was surprised to find a picture Carolyn and I sent in to Jolly gracing one of the pages. This is a special issue because Carolyn's adventure submission (KoDT had a contest) was inside, but seeing the picture was icing on the proverbial cake.

HackMaster: The Game Must Go On!
Game On!
Some mutual friends of ours (we all belong to the same Toastmasters Club) went on vacation and asked Carolyn and I to house-sit their cats. We had full run of their rather large house full of a LOT of cool toys. Since we were going to be there during game night we asked if it was alright for the rest of the group to come over. We decided it would be way too cool to don our HackMaster Association volunteer shirts and play some HackMaster in the hot-tub. We didn't really play so much as "play" with the minis and dice, but we did have a map and some terrain. I was actually surprised just how much of our gaming gear is waterproof.

Dice Don't Fail Me Now!
Dice Don't Fail Me Now!
This was the second picture that I had all but forgotten about. A couple of years ago I decided to buy into the hype and go with Gamescience precision dice. I love my dice and I think they roll better than anything else I've had. By "better" I don't mean "high".

As you can see in this picture, the d4's are squared off at the corners. I don't remember the roll, but I was tossing out 3d4p for some reason and one of the dice landed on it's "point". My rolling surface is the lid from a cigar box that has been lined with stiff, thick leather. The dice don't roll over as much, and I tend to toss them a bit harder to compensate. Imagine my surprise when this happened. Luckily I had witnesses and my camera to document the occasion.

My wife isn't the only one in our family that gets excited by dice.....

No comments: