June 22, 2013

This is the End with NSFW Trailer

This is the End with NSFW Trailer
Today is a my birthday and to celebrate the occasion my wife took me to see a movie of my choice, and my choice was to see This is the End. It will be hard to not toss out any spoilers when talking about this movie, but I will endeavor to do just that...

.....because this movie was fricken awesome.

In many ways this was a terrible movie. Pretty crappy even. Going through the credits are a bunch of actors playing fictionalized versions of themselves. I think going into the movie you are to believe that these actors are actually playing themselves and that is where you initially get sucked in.

This movie has tons of stupid, cheap, and gross humor. Most of the film seems like low-hanging fruit, but Seth Rogan & gang simply pull it off. I don't think I've laughed and snickered so damn much at a movie since maybe History of the World, Part I, and then that was when I was an actual juvenile. This isn't a fake serious film that pretends to be funny (sorry Mr. Brooks), but an actual "serious" film that is funny.

Unless you are the type that gets offended easily, you will probably find this movie funny...hilarious
You should totally see This is the Endeven. I was surprised several times during the film, minor surprises, but surprises nonetheless, and I don't get surprised at the movies that often.

This red-band trailer is definitely NSFW and is a LOT more of a spoiler than the regular "for all audiences" green band trailer, so I'm going to put it after the break.

No comments: