May 13, 2013

Triple Crown Award

Triple Crown Award
A bright spot today was the delivery of my last three educational awards from Toastmasters International.

My Toastmasters District, District 15, has a special award for earning.....awards. If you get three educational awards inside of six months (?) you get the Triple Crown award. All my awards are within a couple months, but were entered on on the same day. Either way, I earned my Triple Crown.

I've made fun of the award in the past, but I get how the Triple Crown might help motivate people to get out there and finish up some loose educational award requirements. I know it has motivated me to try and work towards an extra award as my Competent Leader award from this Triple Crown is my second overall.


Toastmasters International Competent Leader Award
Toastmasters International Competent Leader Award

Toastmasters International Advanced Communicator Bronze Award
Toastmasters International Advanced Communicator Bronze Award

Toastmasters International Advanced Communicator Silver Award
Toastmasters International Advanced Communicator Silver Award
Toastmasters Specialty Speeches Manual
Toastmasters Special Occasions Speeches ManualIn order to earn my ACB I completed 10 speeches, 5 from the Specialty Speeches manual and 5 from the Special Occasion Speeches manual.








Toastmasters Storytelling Manual
Toastmasters Speaking to Inform ManualTo finish my ACS I had to complete another 10 speeches, but this time I worked out of the Storytelling and Speaking to Inform manuals.









I think I'm getting a lot out of Toastmasters personally and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to improve their speaking ability or really just increase some important  job and life skills. I think that Toastmasters is definitely more cost effective than any speech class I've ever taken.

No comments: