December 26, 2012

Cooking Up Some Christmas Presents, Part 1

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I made Christmas presents this year.  I started with a list of potential things I thought would be fun to make for one reason or another.  Not everything worked out as feasible and note everything ended up being fun.  In fact, one thing ended up being downright painful, but that is because it took far too long.  I think my counter-tops need to be an inch or two higher than they are.....

.....or maybe lower, I don't know which.

Pretty much everyone got Christmas mugs and Hot Cocoa mix.  The idea for mugs came from Design Mom.  How I stumbled on that site is a mystery to me, but I'll assume it came from my habit of link hopping.  The hot cocoa mix pretty much came from One Good Thing By Jillee, which I've found to be an awesome blog full of great ideas.  I modified the original mix slightly and wanted to post it here for other people to use.

At least two of the packages we sent off to friends and family had the cocoa get busted up.  Whoops....

I bet they got broken here in Boise.  There were a couple of boxes that had problems getting down the mail chute for some explicable reason.  I'm hoping that I didn't break those cocoa bags....

Completely Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix 
(based off off Jillee’s Family’s Favorite Semi-Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix)

16 oz Coffee Creamer
4 Cups Powered Milk
2 Cups Granular Sugar
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Cocoa
1/8 teaspoon salt

Shared 2013.02.18
Put all ingredients together and mix well.  Stir 3-5 Tablespoons in a mug of hot water.

No comments: