November 12, 2012

Skyfall

Carolyn and I went to see the new James Bond flick Skyfall today.  As much as I'd love to tell you about this movie I don't want to spoil anything for you.  In several ways it was both a typical and atypical Bond film.

All I feel comfortable saying boils down to a few brief statements.
  1. The product placements were extremely well done.  If not for the hub-bub of Heineken being in this movie, and the couple of related commercials, I'd not have noticed the product placement.  Hell, as far as Heineken goes, if you didn't already know what a Heineken bottle looks like you probably would have missed the placements altogether.  What I say were actors using real-life products in a normal fashion.  It looked natural, not like product placement.
  2. There were a couple things that I noticed right off the bat that seemed to be telegraphed, which is not all that uncommon.  What was uncommon is the fact that when my little mental predictions came true I liked the results far better than I would have guessed.  "They" managed to put just enough of a twist to make the obvious enjoyable....at least for me.
  3. There were some great homages to the fact that the 007 franchise is 50 years old this year.
I recommend Skyfall
I can definitely recommend this film.







No comments: