April 1, 2012

Hunger Games

Tesserae Hunger Games Poster
Carolyn and I went to go see Hunger Games yesterday.  I haven't read the book and she just started it, so we really didn't have any preconceived notions of what should be in there.

Overall I liked the movie, I'm not 100% here, but I think I liked John Carter better.  Hunger Games definitely had a lot more hype to it, which shows how much good promotions are to a movie.

One thing I really liked is that the movie was wrapped up in the end.  The didn't do a lot, but after the final climatic scene there was....more.  The film was ended in such a way that it felt complete to me.  I would have been made to think that they cut things short because there is a second movie coming out. I hate it when a movie in a series is cut short because you are expected to pick up the story later.  Each movie should be telling it's own story and together they weave the bigger tale.  Eargon did this "cut short" bit and that movie sucked.  Of course it was bad for other reasons as well.


I did wonder at the end of the movie though if they removed the tracking devices from the Victors after the games......

The only things that really got to me when watching the film had nothing to do with the movie itself.  The first was that there wasn't an Avengers trailer at the beginning.  I was completely expecting it and really hoped to see one after they showed the Spiderman trailer.  I thought one trailer was going to be it (probably just more of me hoping) and it turned out to be the new Breaking Dawn Part II trailer.  DENIED!  Carolyn laughed a little at me and I jokingly threatened to Rage Quit the movie.

The second thing that got to me was this dumb-assed lady in the same row as us who had to check her cell phone five times during the movie.  Really?  You cannot go two hours without checking your texts and email?  If you know you are going to be spastic and have to screw around with the *#$@! phone, then in the back row at least, preferably in the very corner.  At the very least turn your phone screen to the lowest backlighting setting!

No comments: