March 30, 2012

Blogger Problems to be fixed Later

I don't know what is going on, but Blogger went all crazy on me yesterday.  They did something with some of the basic Blogger graphics that just threw my blog for a loop.  I've temporarily converted it over to a standard layout and I've been checking to see if it was a temporary SNAFU or much worse.

I'll probably have to start from scratch and build an entire new blog layout.

If I end up doing that it will probably just be a matter of time before I export my blog to a self-hosting option.  I have the webspace and the tools to migrate it over, just not the time or inclination required.


Instead of screwing around with the blog I decided to relax in the kitchen and make a bunch of Sauerkraut.  Last October I made my first batch of Sauerkraut and I still have a gallon left.  While I didn't need to make Sauerkraut, I wanted to try a slightly new method.  I mashed up six heads of cabbage in a two gallon bucket with a gamma lid and fitted airlock.  When that was done I put some dry ice in the bucket to push out all the oxygen.  Of course I bought way too much dry ice.  With maybe three inches of headspace I only needed a tablespoon sized piece.  The large amount I first used put out so much force that the water bubbled out of the airlock.

My thought on this is that with enough headspace in the bucket I might be able to keep all of the extruded Sauerkraut liquid.  When it's done in a couple months I will can it and that "extra" liquid will come in handy.

0 comments: