November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Today as we sit down to stuff our faces with Turkey I'm sure that many will take a moment to reflect on the past year and give thanks for the many blessings they have received.

I've always been of the mind that life is largely what you make of it, and if you believe that at almost any level you have to accept that some "blessings" have to be of your own creation.

Even if you disagree with me completely on this issue, I think you can still get behind my upcoming suggestion.

Sometime today, whether at the dinner table, in discussion over after-dinner drinks, or even in a quiet moment before bed, I'd like to suggest for a moment that you imagine yourself a year from now at Thanksgiving Dinner 2012.  Picture yourself giving thanks for the blessings of the year.  What will you be thankful for?

Those things you will be thankful for....those are goals for the next year.  If you want to be thankful for your friends and family, then endeavor now to spend more time with them.  If you wish to be thankful for your promotion at work, start doing the work that will earn you that promotion.  Set yourself up for success.

No comments: