November 6, 2011

Some of my Favorite Places Online

I spend a lot of time online reading this, playing with that, or researching something altogether different.  Most of my friends aren't local, but spread across the country, so any regular communication with them is done online.

I thought I'd share some of my favorite websites and online locations.  I have them organized on my favorites list or menu quickbar a bit differently then how I am going to display them here.  Feel free to check these locations out at your leisure and organize them how you will....or not.  Some of these may be NSFW, so be forewarned.

Comics
Daily (or at least five times a week)
Questionable Content
Least I Could Do
Out There
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
America Jr.
Girls with Slingshots
A couple times a week
Darths & Droids
Sore Thumbs
Red String
Something * Positive
Not Invented Here
Ctrl+Alt+Delete
Player vs. Player
Short Packed
Dumbing of Age
Let's Be Friends Again
Gutters
Infrequently (maybe more or less than optimal)
Banana Triangle
Drive
Spinnerette
Order of the Stick
Head Trip
Currently Out to Lunch (I have no idea when they update)
Punch an' Pie

Blogs
Blogography
Twenty Sided
Not Always Right (I'm counting this as a blog)
The Lair of the Evil DM
The Labyrinth
Jeff's Gameblog
Squawkfox
Friend's Blogs (friends/family who happen to have blogs, not friends I've made through blogs)
The Brabblemark
Associated Fugues
HackPrincess
The Toy Museum


Information/Idea Sites
Hack a Day
Lifehacker
Gizmodo

Shopping
Woot
Craigslist

Gaming
Kenzer & Company Forums
Ventrillo
MapTools
Skype
Xbox 360 Achievements
Zombie Pandemic

Other
Easy Speak (for Toastmaster's Meeting scheduling)

I hope that you find at least one of these sites useful.


Special Note: I'm currently recuperating from having my bone marrow harvested (unless there were complications and I'm still at the hospital).  Instead of simply skipping some posts or trying to blog the day before, during, or after having several hundred long needles jabbed in my hip, I figured I'd just have Blogger post some entries on a schedule.


Although I am undergoing surgery, I'm well aware that I'm on the easy side of this transplant.  If you could say a prayer for the recipient of my marrow, a woman with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, I'd be appreciative.  If you decided to get yourself on the National Marrow Donor Program, I'd be freaking ecstatic.






No comments: