November 28, 2011

Digging up the past

The last 24 hours have had me digging up some of my past, for better and for worst.

Last night the Mrs. and I watched Take Me Home Tonight.  It was a cute enough movie and I enjoyed it even though the pacing seemed a bit off.  That flick got me thinking about "teenage" movies and how so many of them revolve around a party as a trope.  Even though it was a bit on the late side we went ahead and watched Say Anything.

It has been a couple years since I've watched that movie, which was set in 1988.  I graduated in 1989 and it brought back a flood of memories not only from my high school days, but even some of when I first started dating my wife.  That was pretty cool.

Not so cool was a job interview I had today.  It was with a local law enforcement agency and it was probably the oddest and most difficult initial interview I have ever had.  I spent 90 minutes in this one-on-one interview spending way too much time talking about my previous employment.  The whole affair was very unsettling and I felt.....unclean afterwards (for lack of a better term).  I had no problems with the interview or interviewer, it was just that I don't think I had spent that much time discussing my old job since my unemployment hearing.

Maybe I'll feel better if I watch some Better Off Dead.

No comments: