September 1, 2009

Brief Update

I know, I know.....I haven't been posting much lately. I'd love to say it's because I've been having an online affair with my Xbox360, but the truth of the matter is I've simply been very busy at work.

Seriously......I think I've taken one lunch in the last two weeks, and I usually squeeze in a work errand while I'm at it.

Fortunately for me, I really don't need to eat lunch much anymore. After my boss lost something like 80 pounds on his diet, he "encouraged" me to see his doctor and undertake the same diet. It's not really a big secret: I'm fat.

And by fat I mean I was 5'10" (Well.....5'9 & 3/4") and 270 pounds. Now I was considered "obese" back in the Air Force at 189 pounds. Since I started my diet I've lost about a pound a day and I weighed in this morning at 236 and change. My doc thinks that I should probably be 210 or so. That suprised me, but she has been doing some math on the subject while the Air Force's Fatboy Program wasn't so much math, but "cross-reference your height and the difference between you neck and waist measurements on this 1950 insurance chart".

That really wasn't a joke......

Anyway, I've got about another month to go, assuming that my weight loss is steady. It helps to go to the gym, but when work is so hectic that I'm missing lunch and taking work home.....that's hard to do.

Details on my diet....probably should throw that out there. I'm taking some synthetic growth hormone twice a day and eating 500 calories a day. Yep, 500 calories a day. I haven't really been hungry, which is a "side-effect" of the diet. I basically eat two meals consisting of one fruit, one vegetable, and 3.5-4 ounces of lean protein. It's not just any fruit, vegetable, and protien, but "approved" foods.

Very typical day of eating:
Apple or orange around 11 AM
1 Cup of non-fat cottage cheese seasoned liberally with Tomato, Basil, & Garlic Mrs. Dash and some hotsauce around 1 PM
A cup of salad with some "everything-free" dressing* around 3 PM
A chicken breast sauteed in one blended tomato (with Habenero, garlic, and spices) around 7 PM
Another apple or orange around 9 PM

That's it. I've been blessed to find in the diabetic section of the store some dressing that is carb-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, calorie-free, and probably something-else free....and it tastes pretty good. It's on the list of stuff I'll be eating when I'm off the diet.

No comments: