December 30, 2008

The search for a good cup of green tea.


I've read in a couple of places now (online and in Prevention magazine) that 4 or 5 cups of green tea would be good for me, which is interesting because a couple of weeks ago I started drinking green tea....well actually it was some relatively cheap Jasmine tea from the local Asian market. I did some checking of the label and it is green tea, so what the heck......I'll just try drinking a bit more.

Now I'm sure there are plenty of tea afficiandos that will tell me my choice of tea sucks or I'm brewing it wrong or something, but this is a work in progress here!

I have little tea balls, but that seems to be for a different type of tea so I went and got the best thing I could find, which was a Bodum coffee press. I don't care to drink the tea leaves themselves, so this seems to work out relatively well. I've had some issues with the tea leaves sticking to the edge of the mesh press part, so I figured I'd shop around a bit.

Cost Plus World Market had these cool tea diffuser cup thingys.....much better looking than what's in this pic. At $5 a peice I picked a few up. My problem is that when brewing some tea leaves get in the bottom of the cup....I'm not a fan of that.


I was searching the Bodum site for pics of the coffee press and found a small press specificly made for brewing green tea. If not for the $25 price tag and that I'd have to special order it....

No comments: