March 23, 2008

Drillbit Taylor


OK...the Mrs. and I saw Drillbit Taylor today. It was a good movie....a bit predictable, but what movie isn't these days? Carolyn read me part of a review that blasted the movie. I'm starting to see a trend. If the movie gets crappy reviews odds are I'll enjoy it.

Now I'll be the first to admit that I used to have a thing for bad movies......not "good" movies that suck, but movies that know they suck and aren't trying to hide the fact. You know the type....most likely straight-to-video movies nowadays.

They just seem to make good B movies anymore. I remember being able to pick them up for a song at the video store, pop them in the VCR and be able to guess when they'll have the obligatory shower scene. Good times. Now even crappy movies try to act like they don't suck. Ultraviolet fits in that category....

Drillbit Taylor isn't a sucky movie trying to be good....and it isn't pretending to be anything more than it is: a great afternoon fun flick.





No comments: