February 24, 2008

National Eating Disorder Awareness Week


For those of you who know....this next week is National Eating Disorder Awareness Week. I learned this last week when visiting Pine Grove. Next Wednesday the Women's Center is having a fundraiser for a multiperson swing for their treatment center. The idea is you donate $5 to wear bluejeans to work on Wednesday. Of course the idea is that you can wear them while working at Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg, MS. Well....I do have a small measure of control over a small office in Boise, so I have declared that we will also have the oppourtunity to donate $5 to wear jeans at work on Wednesday. That staff is blissfully unaware of it until tomorrow. I went ahead and promised a $40 donation on behalf of the office (basically anyone wanting to wear jeans Wednesday will be paying me back and I will make up the difference).
My donation was "sweet" for about 5 seconds, until my boss pledged $500. My feelings were hurt, which is totally stupid of me since the ends justify the means and now the Women's Center is $540 closer to their goal. I'd put what the goal was, but they had no clue.....maybe they should work on that.

No comments: