January 31, 2008

Hawaii Vacation



Carolyn and I got to go to the island of Oahu for a week-long vacation. It's been a trip that I'd been working on for 6 or 7 months now and it finally happened. The fine folks at Marriott offerred me a chance to stay at their Ko Olina property for 6 days, 5 nights...with a rental car for $759.

I knew my boss has spent some time there, so I asked hi if that was a good deal. It was, so I jumped on it, paying a $200 deposit and then putting the rest on my credit card. I was a bit pissed when the card showed they charged another $750 on it.....please do the math....should have been $550 since I paid a deposit already. When I questioned them about it they said the extra $200 was for an "upgraded" suite. What the hell....it was supossed to be a vacation.

No comments: